What is a dietitian?
A dietitian uses their expert knowledge of nutrition to educate clients on the relationship between food and health. Whether you require assistance managing your weight or training for an event, a dietitian has the expertise required to help.
Our dietitian service
At Leap Health our dietitian service is practical and fun! We offer a tailored consultation service that will assist you to achieve the best health results possible.
Your consultation may include some of the following techniques:
- Counselling, education and advice regarding healthy eating habits
- Dietary therapy to assist in the management of specific medical conditions (eg low FODMAP diet for IBS)
- Eating plans and recipe manipulation
- Dietary management plans to optimise sporting performance or post surgery/injury rehabilitation
- Label reading – learn what to look for and how to compare products
We focus on a wholefood approach – with no crash diets necessary! Our dietitian team believe in ensuring that our clients enjoy their food – it’s not about eating broccoli and chicken at every meal – a balanced diet is much more sustainable! Our team can also help with a wide range of nutrition-related conditions in both adults and children, including:
- Losing or gaining weight
- Learning to manage and control diabetes
- Food allergies or intolerances – including a low FODMAP diet
- Lowering blood pressure and cholesterol
- Coeliac disease or gluten intolerance
- Heart health
- Bariatric surgery
- Nutrition during and post cancer
Leap Health can also help you with eating plans, modifying your favourite recipes and learning how to read a food label. In addition to one-on-one consults in the clinic, we also provide group nutrition classes for people with Type 2 Diabetes and group nutrition seminars.