What is podiatry?
Podiatrists are experts in foot and ankle health. We work across a number of different medical fields every day in the management of foot and ankle conditions. We aim to listen, discuss and provide a diagnosis and management plan in regards to your overall foot and ankle health.
We will work with you and your medical team, including your GP, Orthopaedic surgeon, Rheumatologist, Physiotherapist, Osteopath or Chiropractor to get the best results for you and return you to your desired activities.
Some common areas that our podiatrists work in are;
- Children’s Feet- assessment and diagnosis of foot pain associated with growth patterns and injuries. Management of concerns regarding your child not keeping up with their peers.
- Sporting injuries – both acute (have just happened) and Chronic (have been happening for some time)
- Management of complex foot and ankle conditions – Chronic plantar heel pain, Foot arthritis (Osteoarthritis and other forms of arthritis).
- Nerve related pain – Morton’s neuroma and various neuropathies or back related foot pain.
- Diabetic foot assessment and risk status – Management of all foot conditions associated with diabetes. We also work closely within our multidisciplinary ‘diabetic care team’ to ensure your overall health is considered as part of your condition management.
- Dermatological Podiatry care– Diagnosis and management of skin and nail issues.
- In Grown Nails – Diagnosis, treatment, advice and surgery (under local anaesthetic).
Once we have a diagnosis, we can offer a variety of treatment options dependant on your situation. This can be education and advice on exercises, footwear advice or hands on treatment for your condition. Another modality that we may use is orthotics to help reduce stress or load on certain tissues in your foot. We have various options from off the shelf to custom made orthotics available to suit all needs and budgets.
Our podiatry locations
- Leap Health Hobart Podiatry
- Leap Health Rosny Park Podiatry
- Leap Health Huonville Podiatry
- Leap Health Salamanca Podiatry
Meet our podiatry team: