Leap Health COVID – 19 (Coronavirus) Information Page
This page covers up to date information for our patients on the following:
- Government & Department of Health recommendations
- Our hygiene practices
- Telehealth consultations
- At home exercise video
- The important role we are playing
Information from the Government and Department of Health
Leap Health follows directions as per Department of Health guidelines, which can change rapidly. If you would like further information on a range of topics relating to health and COVID-19, we suggest exploring the website here:
Leap Health Hygiene Practices
Additional precautions we are now taking to protect from COVID-19 transmission:
- Face shields to be worn by all practitioners and reception staff
- Where facilities allow, VIP appointments are available for patients who are vulnerable to viral infection
- Requesting that unwell patients, or patients who have recently travelled,
cancel/re-book their appointment for a later date
- All patients are to wash hands with soap and water upon entering the clinic
and after their treatment
- Receptionists will use hand sanitiser between each patient interaction
- Increase in frequency of cleaning procedures
- Reduction on materials that may transmit the virus (e.g. magazines)
- Monitoring of staff wellness
We are now able to provide Telehealth consultations (via phone or videoconference) for all patients, including those on a current or new Chronic Disease Management plan.
The majority of our patients being treated for a workplace injury or through MAIB are also able to access Telehealth consultations. In these cases your practitioner will be able to confirm this for you.
As many of our health treatments don’t rely on hands on therapy, we can achieve fantastic health outcomes without a face-to-face consultation. Our clinicians are highly skilled in assessing and diagnosing simply by taking a detailed patient history, and providing effective health care without requiring hands on treatment. This has been proven in relevant studies comparing Telehealth consults to face-to-face treatment, showing no increase in diagnostic error and similar outcomes.
For vulnerable patients we are offering VIP appointments. This involves waiting in your car until your practitioner is ready to see you, bypassing waiting in our waiting rooms. Please speak with our reception staff to organise this for your next appointment.
We are excited to introduce a new feature on our website, the Leap Health Exercise Library. These exercises have been produced by Leap Health to help our patients out in-between appointments. We realise that it can be hard to remember exactly how to do an exercise after an appointment, hence our frequent offerings of stick figures and written instructions. We hope that these videos will help patients with their technique and therefore notice results more quickly. During your appointment, your clinician will give you a list of exercise codes that you will be able to jump on our website and find quickly. This is especially helpful during our Telehealth consultations.
Helping to help spread the load
Leap Health clinicians are primary health care practitioners. They can all be seen without a referral from your GP, and are skilled in assessment, diagnosis, treatment and monitoring of many health conditions. As frontline healthcare is being put under additional strain due to COVID-19, it is more important than ever that we see patients that may otherwise visit the emergency department.
Conditions that we can directly assess and manage include:
- Joint dislocations
- Minor upper and lower limb fractures
- CAM boot fittings
- Taping, splinting and braces
- Vertigo and Vestibular disorders
- Wound and ulcer care for diabetics
- Treatment of ingrown toenails / callouses
- Sprains, strains and other muskuloskeletal conditions
- Acute and chronic pain conditions
- Spinal and peripheral joint pain
- Direct referral for imaging (e.g. XRAY, MRI)