A Darwin native, Daniel graduated from the University of Sydney in 2004. After a year working at Bankstown hospital in Sydney, he returned home to work for a private practice within the Darwin Private hospital for 10 years. This gave Daniel a broad range of experience in all facets of physiotherapy, uniquely seeing patients right through the whole process of rehabilitation from the day of surgery to returning successfully back to the workplace and sporting field.
From there Daniel worked as a FIFO physiotherapist at an underground gold mine in the Tanami desert, and more recently as a sports and musculoskeletal physiotherapist in Brisbane, Gold Coast, and Mount Isa. Now making the move to Hobart, Daniel is excited to share his experience and expertise at Leap Health.
Always striving to provide the highest levels of service and results, Daniel’s areas of clinical interest and expertise include:
– Acute and rehabilitation care of in and outpatients,
– Sports team injury prevention and injury management athletes at the social, local, State, and national level. That includes an extensive background working for NT Hockey, NT Netball, QLD swimming, and QLD AFL.
– Management of work cover, motor accident insurance, aged care, DVA, and NDIS patients
– Job task and work site evaluations, pre-employment and sports screening.
– Injury prevention programs
– Water and land-based therapy classes
– Chronic pain management
Outside of the clinic Daniel enjoys a wide variety sport, music, gardening, and spending time with his baby boy and partner.