Nutrition Education for Diabetes
Do you have Type 2 Diabetes or know somebody that does? With the correct tools and knowledge, this chronic disease can be managed within your current lifestyle.
As part of your healthcare team, our dietitian can help you with tailoring your management. Type 2 Diabetes is a progressive condition in which the body becomes resistant to the normal effects of insulin and/or gradually loses the capacity to produce enough insulin in the pancreas. There is a strong genetic and family related risk of developing the condition, though associated lifestyle factors can be modified to prevent complications of disease progression.
For this reason, our Leap Dietitian Sophie Hofto and her team is now offering tailored diabetic education sessions from all our clinics. They are suitable for people who have been newly diagnosed, or those that would like a refresher.
The service involves an initial one-on-one consultation, followed review sessions as required. We encourage you to bring a support person with you so you are not on this journey alone.
You will learn:
- What healthy eating with diabetes looks like
- How to apply GI and GL to everyday life
- Interpreting a food label
- Recipe modification
- How to maintain a healthy weight
- Problem solving for nutrition and diabetes
- You have been diagnosed you with T2DM and your doctor has agreed to organise a chronic disease management plan or you are a private patient with or without private health insurance.
- Call your most convenient clinic location to organise a suitable appointment time.
A modest out of pocket fee will apply, please contact Leap Health for the specifics for your situation!
For further details, you can contact us directly to hear more about our service and book an appointment.
As a registered dietitian, Sophie is experienced in helping people with diet and chronic conditions. You can learn also more about Sophie here.