What is exercise physiology?
Exercise physiologists specialise in the delivery of exercise for the prevention and management of chronic diseases and injuries. Exercise physiologists provide support for clients with conditions such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, osteoporosis, mental health problems, cancer, arthritis, pulmonary disease and more.
You may use a exercise physiologist for the following reasons, to:
- Overcome persisting pain caused by injury or overuse
- Improve your heart health
- Rehabilitate following a cardiac event
- Control your diabetes
- Prevent pre-diabetes from progressing to full diabetes
- Improve your recovery following cancer treatment
- Improve your general health and wellbeing
Our exercise physiology service
At Leap Health and Physiotherapy and Sports Injury Centres our hands on treatment approach means we will provide you with a tailored consultation that will allow you and your body the best results.
Your consultation may include the following techniques:
- Screening and risk stratifying to ensure the safety and appropriateness of exercise and physical activity interventions;
- Assessing ‘movement’ capacity in people of all ages and levels of health, well-being or fitness;
- Development of safe, effective, individualised exercise interventions;
- Provision of health education, advice and support to enhance health and well-being;
- Provision of physical activity advice and clinical exercise prescription for those at high-risk of developing, or with existing chronic health conditions;
- Provision of rehabilitation and advice for patients following the acute stage of injury, surgical intervention, or during recovery to restore functional capacity and well-being.
Your exercise physiology experience
Our Leap Health Physiotherapy and Sports Injury Centre staff have the experience and expertise to get you back to full function as soon as possible and are committed to providing you the following service:
- Practical and hands-on treatment to get you back to full function as quickly as possible
- Education and self management strategies minimising your reliance on us in the future
- Professionalism from all staff who genuinely care about your health and wellbeing